- 2nd May – Parliament Dissolve
- 8th June – General Election
- 21st July – Summer Recess
- 5th September – House Returns
Our thinking is that the recent changes to parliament’s schedule mean that it is now very unlikely that RHI reform will be on the agenda between now and the general election on the 8th June.
Clearly this throws into question the timetable for the RHI reform and clearly it will be delayed further. Our view is that RHI reform will not be a priority on the agenda during the six week window after the general election. The government will need to appoint a new cabinet and Brexit will still be high on the agenda.. Assuming this is the case, our expectation is that it will be pushed back to when house returns on 5th September.
We have been in contact with the Renewable Energy Association who will be speaking to The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy on Monday and will provide more information then. In the meantime it is very worth while securing the higher RHI tariff as it stands at the moment and progress with projects already in the pipeline.
Innasol products that are all eligible to claim for non-domestic RHI:
- ETA biomass boilers – log wood, pellet and wood chip boilers
- IDM heat pumps – air source and ground source heat pumps
- Innasol heat pods – housing an ETA biomass boiler and fuel store
If you would like to take advantage of the tariff please contact us now to be put in touch with one of our certified partners, UK wide.